Areas of Expertise
Ms. Anselmini has over 25 years of public and private sector executive
experience. She works with public sector entities nationwide to manage
change and improve organization performance. Clients include the City
of Philadelphia (implementing a competency-based approach in the personnel
department), the State of New York Department of Civil Service (analyzing
and making recommendations for job classification consolidation), the
State of Colorado (developing an implementation plan for a competency-based
approach to HR functions) and the Minnesota Department of Transportation
(strategic work force planning). Ms. Anselmini is co-author with Lora
Levosky of the IPMA publication Workforce Planning Resource Guide for
Public Sector Human Resource Professionals.
• Served as an Expert Consultant with the United States Office of
Personnel Management to provide occupational analysis, implementation
design and training for Colorado, Michigan, and Washington, and the cities
of Philadelphia and Boise.
• Assisted the Georgia Department of Transportation review human
resource processes and create a workforce development plan. Included a
comprehensive analysis and validation study to meet current and future
• Currently working with the Georgia Technology Authority to assess
current knowledge, skills and abilities of employees and what is needed
for new systems.
• Conducted a needs assessment and competency study for the National
Transit Institute. Assessed the core competencies to be used by the NTI
Curriculum Committee for competency-based curriculum development and training
• Co-managed one of three of the Mayor’s Efficiency and Effectiveness
Process Reviews for HR, Payroll and Workers Compensation for the City
• Served as Project Manager for a two-year classification and compensation
project for the Personnel Board of Jefferson County, AL.
• Currently working with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious
Diseases to conduct organizational assessments and development interventions
to facilitate the significant change associated with the increased responsibilities
• Served as Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Personnel,
reporting directly to the Governor and providing the leadership for a
major overhaul of the state’s HR system.
• Served as Vice President of Customer and Information Services
for the American College of Physicians.
• Served as the Assistant Director of Fiscal and Human Resource
Operations for the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services, Assistant
Commissioner for Management and Budget, New Jersey Department of Insurance
and Assistant Commissioner of Finance and Administration for the New Jersey
Department of Transportation.
Education and Background
Ms. Anselmini received her Master of Business Administration at Southern
Illinois University. Previously she attended Elmira College in Elmira,
NY and achieved the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Education.
She is a Certified Professional in the International Professional Management